quinta-feira, 24 de janeiro de 2019

Mnbiki Kazoku (Shoplifters)


It's been a while since I last saw a Japanese movie... While studying I fell in love with Japanese cinema and after seeing Shoplifters yesterday, I could remember myself why. The movie is so rich in life lessons and subtile but dense emotions that we take home, that I needed a day to let it grow inside me, and understand a little bit better all the important messages that I got. Still, I feel like I could watch it a hundred times, and always learn something new. 
This movie, that won the Palme d'Or in Cannes, the supreme award, tells the story of an uncommon family, from the perspective of each one of the six members, from an ancient and wise grandmother to an innocent and hurt small child. But most important of all, Shoplifters show us that love doesn't come by blood, love comes from our choices in life, whether they are society pleasers or not, and from the people we choose to grow, live and die with. 
Shoplifters is nominated for an Oscar for best foreign movie, and I have no doubts it is one of the best movies of the year, if not one of the most beautiful I have seen lately. 

Sem comentários: