domingo, 6 de janeiro de 2019

Roma


Let me first tell you something about Roma. Alfonso Cúaron wrote, produced, directed, edited and photographed the movie. One man show! Inspired in his childhood, this is the best movie I saw this year and most likely, the one that is going for the first time, to win an Oscar for best movie feature having a foreign language. 10 movies with foreign languages were nominated to best feature in the history of Oscars, I am pretty sure Roma will be the 11st.
I don't want to say much about Roma because I feel like I'm going to spoil it for you. I didn't know a thing about the storyline when I started watching it. But I can and must say this movie is a piece of art, with perfect plans, B&W touching cinematography, great acting, incredible sound editing and original screenplay. The realism and the long takes reminded me of Fellini and Antonioni, and after 10 minutes of screening I thought to myself: ok we have something special here! It feels like entering in a dream state, and the entire time I wished I had a notebook with me to take notes. This is a film that made me feel like studying it, dive depeer, understand each symbol (and there are so many), write an essay about it... And this happens very little times to me nowadays.
It is a movie many people won't like for having a slow pace and being artsy, but damn... What a cinematic experience. It is for movies like this that I love cinema so much. Movies that make you feel emotions you didn't even knew you had. Visual poetry in each take. Dream state from a screen. Well done Cuarón. You touched the stars with this one. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sem comentários: