terça-feira, 22 de janeiro de 2019

Oscars 2019: expectations and surprises!

What I missed the most in these noms is Timothée Chamalet for best supporting actor and If Beale Street Could Talk for best movie. But Timothee was like: What?!? I even believed he could win the Oscar. When I saw the movie, people were crying, some had to leave the theatre, and that was because of Timothees performance, it is so strong, made my stomach hurt. I even expected a best adapted screenplay nod for Beautiful Boy.
I was happy though that The Ballad of Buster Sruggs did it. I think it’s a really underrated movie (Netflix effect) because it’s so daring of Coen Bros to do a movie like this, they deserve. And I bet for the music too, glad it make it!
Not enjoying ASIB and thinking that Bradley Cooper had the oscars in mind the whole time (and maybe that’s why the plot could be so much deeper and better), I believe the director members were really snob, because I think he deserved a nomination for the effort, and what an effort. On the other hand, I’m glad that Cold War that was in the shadow of Roma this year, gets someting big like a best director nod.
Finally I am very happy for all the Roma noms, including acting because they do deserve, but I don’t understand not being nominated in editing. It’s a huge contradiction. A huge part of the Roma charm is the way it’s edited, I think this can be a an effect of the preferencial voting, don’t know.
I think Roma can be the first foreign of 11 movies nominated for both best movie categories to win best feature. Now, I am more sure of that. And If I saw Green Book as the opponent, now I see The Favourite, that it is not all a favourite of mine.
The game is ON!

Sem comentários: