domingo, 10 de fevereiro de 2019

Vice


First and foremost I liked the style of Vice. I liked its original, unexpected and provocative narrative. On the other hand I can never fully embrace a movie that is a campaign against someone's legacy, Dick Cheney and George W. Bush. Even If I have no sympathy or belief for the real life characteres and events shown.
That said, wow! This is a really good cast ensemble and an even better make-up team. Just look at Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Sam Rockwell and Steve Carrell. No wonder the movie received several performance's awards nominations, as well as important others, like best picture of the year. I don't believe this movie can win a best picture award because it's too divisive, and Hollywood has its share of republicans and conservatives. But I also believe some liked it so much because it dares to say and show what only Michael Moore did, on a very unrealiable and political style. Of course it is very difficult to watch this kind of screenplay without crossing lines, even knowing that this is a satire trying to cross boundaries on cinema world. I guess you need to watch it to have your own opinion about it, and I am pretty sure, it is not going to be consensual.

PS- Did you get Frank and Claire Underwood - from House of Cards - vibes too? I mean, he even breakes the fourth wall!!


Sem comentários: